“To Google, Entities, Semantics, Conversations are 3 related elements. Google likes what you like; Google wants to serve up the sweetest sugar.”
How do you know if you have the right stuff… the recipe to be the sweetest sugar?
Let’s look at one of our case studies using the right ingredients:
Does your website traffic look like this?
If you answered NO – you’re probably not in the sweet spot yet…
Before you read on, we want to make sure that the foundation of your Website is as solid as it can be:
- Take a litmus test by comparing your website to this checklist
- If you need to fix or make alterations to your website, we strongly recommend you do so prior to tackling your off page optimization.
If you have any questions or concerns about your Websites current optimization, feel free to contact us via the UAW Pro – Client Service Center.
Now that you have gone through the checklist and you’re sure that your Website Foundation is solid, how do you become the sugar that Google serves up in their results?
In my last post I talked about key ingredients for today’s search, let me explain why these elements make a difference for your Website:
3 Key Ingredients to that make up Sugar for the Hummingbird:
- “An entity is something that exists by itself, although it need not be of material existence.” “In business, an entity is a person, department, team, corporation, cooperative, partnership, or other group with whom it is possible to conduct business.“ Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entity
Entities are comprised of Brands (Publishers) & Authors that need to have active Identities while creating validation signals for both readers and search engines. These are used to know if the Entity and what comprises it is natural, real and of value.
- “Semantics (from Ancient Greek: σημαντικός sēmantikós) is the study of meaning.”
- “Linguistic semantics is the study of meaning that is used for understanding human expression through language.”
Content (and messaging) should be consistent throughout all channels (blog, social etc.), through natural language thereby satisfying the meanings to conversational queries for that particular Niche.
- “Conversation analysis (commonly abbreviated as CA) is an approach to the study of social interaction, embracing both verbal and non-verbal conduct, in situations of everyday life.” – Wikipedia
Both verbal and non verbal social signals are important validation indicators for an Entity to be real, natural and conversational in nature.
How do we know this?
Let’s take a look at one of our case studies in the Health Niche:
- The domain in question had no link profile, no entities, no authority and no conversations. It had a solid On Page foundation before UAW Pro modules we activated.
- A combination of UAW Pro tools were used to create Entities, Semantics and Conversation for this particular domain which effectively transformed it from a simple “website’ into an “Entity” over a 3 month period.
The graph below shows the Cumulative Monthly Unique Visits – July 29th through to Oct 29th 2013
- In mid July the UAW Pro Authority Builder module was installed, configured and activated which began to build its Entities, Semantics, and Conversations specific to the Health Niche.
- Over the next 3 months you can see that the site went from 0 monthly visitors in July, to having over 200 unique visits for the month of August
- From 800+ visitors in September to over 2700 visits for October, this was a clear indication that the Entity (website) now had the right recipe in place to generate consistent growth in traffic.
Let us take a closer look at the daily traffic patterns from Aug 12th ~ Oct 29th
Approx every 2~3 weeks, the traffic for this site tripled:
|Date||# Unique Visits|
|Aug 12||8 Visits|
|Oct 2||77 Visits|
|Oct 29||186 Visits|